Who We Are
The Bedford Park Residents Organization (BPRO) is a volunteer-run group of local residents dedicated to building an engaged and informed neighbourhood and promoting the best interests of Bedford Park. We work with various levels of government, neighbouring resident associations, and developers to understand and have input into issues that affect the more than 3,700 homes our community. We communicate news and information, seek the input and views of our members, and raise a collective voice to advocate on behalf of residents. Acting together, we believe we can have a significant impact on the things that matter most to residents and navigate change in a way that respects the unique and vibrant qualities that that make our neighbourhood special.
Please visit our visit our MEMBERSHIP page to join.
Where We Are
The Bedford Park Residents Organization was founded in 1999 to provide a community voice regarding area re-development. The group became inactive a number of years ago.
In the summer of 2018, BPRO was reactivated in response to the proposed re-development of 250 Lawrence Avenue West, and to prepare for any future projects that may affect our area, particularly along Avenue Road, Yonge Street and Lawrence Avenue.
What We Do
BPRO will work to address issues that impact our neighbourhood, providing a collective voice that represents the interests of our community. We will:
- Promote awareness of existing and pending development projects that will impact our community;
- Liaise with all levels of government on matters of common interest to our residents;
- Address development issues with relevant government staff and politicians, including the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT), formerly the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB);
- Communicate through periodic newsletters and e-blasts;
- Work cooperatively with adjacent resident associations; and
- Maintain our website as an informative and educational resource for our community.
Board of Directors
Each fall, we host an Annual General Meeting to review activities from the previous year, set priorities for the coming year, and vote on the slate of incoming Board volunteers. The 2022-23 Board includes:
- President: Ted Butler
- Vice President: John Miles
- Secretary: Daniel Kligerman
- Treasurer: Colin Graham
- Membership: Doug Baxter
- Communications: Georgie Binks
- Community Improvement: Naomi Faulkner
- Website: Durrell Martin